12.03.2009

Happy Birthday Macy Face!

Macy was born a year ago! It's wierd because it seems like she wasn't born that long ago but at the same time it is hard to imagine life without her. We love our Macy Face and are happy to enjoy her first birthday party for her (because who really remembers their first birthday party?) We had a few friends over for pizza, cake, and ice cream. Brittany spent the whole day researching how to make a fancy cake and it paid off. Not to brag or anything but I think it turned out really cute (not quite as tasty as I would have liked but pretty). Macy wasn't too interested in actually opening her presents but the left over wrapping paper sure made a fun toy. Sawyer, Weston, and Macy had a blast rolling around in the middle of the floor.
Our little Macy Face is growing so fast and it seems like we can't even keep up with her anymore. She is still a little scared to actually let go of things to walk but loves to walk as long as you are holding her finger. One of these days she'll catch on but until we are safe. She loves to giggle and enjoys dancing (very silly like her papa). Sesame Street is her favorite TV show and is very content to sit and watch Elmo. She gets so excited when the music comes on. She eats like a champ and loves Macaroni & Cheese, yogurt, and most fruits. Strawberries and blueberries are her absolute favorite. She is pretty good at drinking out of a sippy cup and we are working on getting rid of the bottle. (Hopefully to be gone in the next week! Hurray.)
I took Macy to the doctor this morning to get her all checked out and was surprised with her measurements. I mean, I know she's tall (based off the fact that most of her pants are too short and she moved up to 18-24 month clothes in the past few weeks). She weighed in at 23 lbs (75th percentile) and is 31 1/4 inches long (<95th>
Well-- Enough talk from me, here are a few pictures from her birthday to enjoy.
The Birthday Girl! She wasn't very smiley but that was probably due to the four shots that she got that morning.
We had a great party with all of our friends! Even though, the Roas couldn't make it to the party, we love that they stopped by to say hi.

My first attempt at a fancy cake. I think it turned out great!

Mommy and Little Macy Face.

Look what I found? Can I open them, please?

Macy was a little confused about what was going on here. She loved the singing but the candle threw her off a bit.

Happy 1st Birthday. We Love You Macy Face!

Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Kelly said...

Yeah Macy girl! I am so happy she had a great 1st birthday. The cake is absolutely darling and I just love that she was more interested in playing in the left over wrapping paper! Happy Birthday cute girl!

December 4, 2009 at 8:06 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Beautiful cake! You did a great job! And I love the red lipstick look. Happy Birthday Macy!

December 4, 2009 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger renaelee78 said...

What fun. That cake turned out very cute. Great job.

December 4, 2009 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

great job on the cake Brittany! We're glad Macy had a lovely first birthday. I can't believe she's already one! And I also can't believe that she is bigger than my Emily!! 18-24 mo clothes are still too big for Emmie and she definitely isn't as tall as Macy. Wow. So funny how kids grow differently.

December 4, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home