2.22.2011

Sound Of Music

Our Stake here in Moses Lake puts on a big play every year. Seeing as it is a free play, we went with low hopes expecting something like roadshow quality. However, we were proven wrong.

The play was put on at Moses Lake High School in their fancy auditorium complete with fancy lighting and sounds (The guy who teaches the lighting and sound technology at the high school is in our ward and gave us a little tour of the sound booth after the play). Tim and I were both impressed with the quality of the actors, the music, and the costumes. Tim had never seen the play or movie before (I know, crazy that I am actually ahead of him on this one... He is usually the one who is trying to culturize me) and enjoyed the show.

I must say we have some pretty talented people in our stake (down to even the little kids who played some of the Von Trapp children). Just a few of the highlights that we loved:

- The Von Trapp Children... all seven of them. I am amazed that children of these age groups (I would say the youngest wasn't even eight up to the oldest in high school) are this talented both in acting and singing... Not to mention that they dedicated all of their spare time over the past few months to putting together this play.

- The Nuns in the abby. For a little humor, the play started out with some of the nuns singing about turning off your cell phones and allowing everyone to enjoy the show in quiet. It was a great way to start out the show and I was impressed with their accapella skills. It was wonderful.

- The Costumes... Seeing as the play was put on by the stake, I expect a low budget play at best- yet... the costumes were beautiful and the backgrounds for the scenes (I can't think of the word for it off the top of my head) were so well done.

Overall, I can say that I'm looking forward to the many more plays that we will get to see in the new few years in our little town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home