11.01.2012

Beauty


Kaytlen, my sister, for one of her classes wrote a paper on the ideas of our self-image.  In this paper she took examples of our children and how the world is teaching them that their bodies have to look a certain way and be a certain way in order to be beautiful.  With this paper, she wanted us to take a picture of Macy looking at herself in the mirror and used it to portray the differences in how children think of themselves at different ages and how the media influences those thoughts.  I really enjoyed her paper and loved the way the way that Macy thinks of herself at this point in her life.  Just by looking at this picture and any picture, Macy's personality shines through.  She is such a happy girl and although sometimes, i guess, you could say she is a little vain about some of these things, she knows what she wants and how to get it.  This little girl comes into me in the morning and asks me, Mom, Am I beautiful, now?  As she is brushing her hair or getting ready in the morning.  She loves to come up and say, Mom, I love your shirt. It is really pretty.  Mom, does this shirt make me pretty!  I like being pretty.    I'm so glad that she has an amazing self-confidence image of her self and hope and pray that she will be able to continue on with her confidence self-image of herself both on the inside and out! I love you Macy Face. You really are beautiful on the inside and out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home