Santa
Tim came home from church last week just beaming and couldn't wait for me to guess why... So, we started playing 20 questions and of course I had no clue why he was so excited. The box in his hands should have given me a clue but having a new baby I think is making me lose my mind a bit (maybe it is just the lack of sleep although I have been blessed with a baby who will usually sleep about four hours at a time)...
So, out of the box came a bright red suit... and of course Tim had volunteered to play Santa at our ward Christmas party. I think it is one of his dreams to play every holiday mascot and it all started when he got to be the easter bunny a few years ago for Calie and Anthony. Anyways... Tim was a great santa and in the process Macy was able to sit on Santa's lap this year without any of the risks of getting sick that would result from going to the mall. I do have to say though that this Santa was a bit on the skinny side and missing a few wrinkles.
But, the fun didn't end there this week... We had a bunch of first events (I guess that is what happens when you have a newborn):
Macy had her first visit to the dentist (well, visit to the dental school to have lunch with daddy).
We had many different naps going on here... We love to sleep on the couch, on the floor in front of the fire, hanging with the bottle, and of course while studying with daddy.
Our first snow day... Portland is crazy when it snows, they shut down just about everything in the town and in fact Sunday morning Macy and I were in bed and Tim was getting ready for church when he came back in and laid down saying that church was cancelled... I didn't believe him, in fact I thought he was just trying to get out of going to church to stay home with me, but when we woke up a few hours later I had a bunch of messages on our phones saying that the Bishop decided to cancel Church... Who cancels church? I've never heard of it before, but then again it isn't just the church that decides to cancel everything. The whole town of Portland has been freaking out this week. In fact, Tim had a snow day on Monday and almost all of the School Districts have been shut down this week due to threats of inclimate weather.
Overall, our little girl is doing great and we love all the time that we get to spend with her.

2 Comments:
I LOVE the pic of Macy sleeping with you and the one of her sleeping while Tim studies. So sweet.
Cute! Tim makes a great Santa! ha ha... Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home