6.23.2011

Seattle

Tim had his first Dental Conference in Seattle this past weekend. Since the clinic picks up the tab for most of his expenses, the girls and I tagged along for a nice family vacation. It's been a while since we've been out of the working scene and it was a nice change to have Tim be around more. We left Wednesday morning and spent most of the day at the Outlet Mall in North Bend. It made me miss the outlet mall back in Portland but it was somewhat close. The drive itself wasn't too bad but once we hit the traffic in Seattle, it made me glad to be living in a small town. (I even made Tim drive most of the time because I wasn't used to it anymore.)

 After checking into our hotel downtown (kind of by the Seattle Center), we went for a walk to see what we could find to eat. We found this cute little mexican place a little further away than we hoped but it was great. We shared the Nachos (if you can believe that is only an appetizer) and Tim had a few tacos on the side. The nachos were Fantastic!!!

 Thursday while Tim was at his classes, Macy, Syd, and I spent the day at the Children's Museum up by the space needle. I think I was a bit crazy because we walked (it wasn't the distance that was bad... it said it was only a few blocks) and the hills were extremely steep. I should have gotten a picture of it because I had Syd in the front pack and Macy in the stroller with a backpack on climbing these crazy hills. I think everyone kept looking at me and wondering what the heck I was doing. Oh well, we got some good exercise and didn't have to worry about parking downtown someplace. It was worth that only to me.  Macy had a blast playing around the museum. She drove the boat, the school bus, the van, and loved the fact that she could just run and play. I miss the many children's exhibits that they had available to us in Portland. It was a great change to the park that we have at home. Macy is getting so smart and loved to sit in the reading room and do a puzzle but her absolute favortie exhibit was the Mexcian Restuarant. She loved to serve me tacos and made me sit down beside her on the little tables to enjoy our meal together. After the tacos, I think this little stream in the little kid's section was her next favorite. She loved to splash and get me wet (of course). Between the stream and the indoor slide, she was in heaven.

Thursday night after Tim got done, we walked down to the Wharf. It was so fun to just walk along the Puget Sound and to eat some delicious Seafood. We ate dinner at Anthony's Bar and had some amazing shrimp and chips. (It was so good that we came back on Saturday before we headed out of town to indulge once more).




 Friday, Tim's classes were fairly short so the girls and I ventured out to do a little shopping. One of the stops on my list was the Distribution Center. Like most distribution centers, it was located really close to the Seattle Temple. As we drove across town, I kept telling Macy that we were going to go visit the temple and we sang "I Love To See The Temple." When we go to the temple, Macy's kept calling it "Macy's Temple" and started singing the song. It was precious! As I drove away, Macy started crying and kept saying Temple, Temple, Temple. She was so sad to leave the temple behind. (It brought a tear to my eye to hear her talk about the temple and being sad to leave. I guess we're doing something right with her. :)) After finishing up our errands, we met Tim downtown to visit Pike's Place Market.

Since, Tim was at the Conference Center downtown (only a few blocks from the market), the girls and I (once again getting all sorts of wierd looks) walked to meet him. Macy was great and took a nap in the back pack and Syd was a trooper in the stroller. At Pike's Market we found some delicious cinnamon roll thingy (it was huge) and found a place for dinner. After hearing how great the food was at The Crab Pot, we gave it a try. I think we probably ordered the wrong thing though because it was just OK. My salmon was a bit dry and cod and shrimp that Tim had just didn't compare to Anthony's the night before. 



After our yummy dinner, we headed to the arcade and to find a merry-go-round. Tim took Macy on the fastest carousel around and she had a lot of fun helping us with the skee-ball. Syd decided it was a great time to take a little nap.


Our little trip was a lot of fun (more pictures to come once I get a hold of Tim's phone) and I was amazed by how well the girls did while we were gone. It was fun  for Macy. We made a little bed for her on the floor in our bedroom and she loved having her own little bed. (It was incredible... she even took a nap there one of the days.:))

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Fun! We loved doing our little weekend jaunts up to Seattle. I think you may have been there when the Phillies played the Mariners...you should have gone to a game for us! You'll have to try Ivar's fish bar next time. It's yummy.

June 24, 2011 at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home