12.18.2010

Boredom

Living in a small town of late, has taught me a few things. First, if there is no shopping around (or within 50 miles besides Walmart) you find different ways to keep yourself entertained. I've been busy with different crafts as well as various projects and parties that we've been throwing. It all started with Kylene's baby shower and then continued on with our Christmas Book Club, and now to our christmas goodies, and lastly that will continue for a while, lots and lots of Primary things. I was discussing all of this with my friends in the last few days and it started an interesting conversation. We were taking them on a tour of our house and she saw my craft room and the various projects laying around. I was apologizing for the mess and telling her I have so many because I'm trying to entertain myself while Macy sleeps (plus it's more fun than cleaning my house right now) and essentially it is what I do when I'm bored. The next thing I knew, she was telling her husband that she wanted to be bored with me. He looked at us like we were crazy and then she went on to explain that no, it's not that she thinks I'm boring but that she wants to have all of the spare time around to do the various fun projects with me... and I can't wait to have another friend around to do my various projects with! Anyways... enough with the stories and on to the fun projects. This is what my boredom has consisted of in the past few weeks:

 A Christmas Advent with magnets that Macy can play with.
 Macy watching Sesame Street in various positions (this time included chewing on my nativity set... These two year old molars are going to be the death of me one of these days (or at least the death of my nativity set)).
 New stockings. I had a lot of left over material from my Christmas Quilt and since Macy and little girl Schmidt don't have stockings, I put these together.
 These are a few weeks old from enrichment, but still simple and even better non-breakable.
 New luggage tags for our upcoming trip to Arizona next week.
And lastly what I think to be the coolest and perhaps the one that I'm the most proud of is our Christmas Quilt. It turned out AMAZING!!!! I can't take the credit for the coolest part (as the quilting was done by a shop in Ephrata, WA) but to say the least I'm very, very excited about cuddling up with my new blanket and hot chocolate. Delicious!

So, Kylene after you and your new little girl get settled in, we would love to get BORED with you! (And anyone else around!!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds great! I can't wait to be bored with you. In fact, I'm already spending the day trying to finish up a baby quilt that I've had planned (and material picked out) for over 3 months now. I'll post pics when/if I finish!

I esp. LOVE your Christmas quilt. It's super cute. If you did the binding yourself, you'll have to teach me!

December 18, 2010 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger daniellejackson said...

Wow, Awesome quilt Brittany! I love all of your crafts and Macy is still as cute as ever!

December 18, 2010 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger Audra said...

Love Love Love your quilt. Where did you get your pattern?

December 22, 2010 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger Wiest Family said...

I love your Christmas Quilt. Can I borrow the pattern or did you make it up as I know is totally possible. You never cease to amaze me! I love keeping tabs on you and your growth and fun in Lake Moses WA.

December 23, 2010 at 5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home