Ashley's Farewell
After Seattle, The Girls and I flew to Boise for my sister's farewell talk. It was quite the adventure flying by myself with two little girls but we made it to say the least. Tim walked me to security and sat with the girls while I checked bags. He was a lifesaver!!! Just one more reason why I love the guy so much.
We took some family pictures. I forget how hard it is to get that many people to look at the camera and smile. You'd think it would get easier as every one gets older but the grandkids make it difficult too.
Courtney's little boy Connor had a rough night and Ashley and I kept taking turns riding him around the kitchen on this little scooter. He thought it was the greatest thing.
Syd got to meet the family. Grandpa Jones held her for a little while before she got passed off to...
Parker on the slide.
Macy had a hard time keeping her pants on. She would jump on the tramp or run around the backyard only to have to stop and pull her pants up. It was hilarious.
The kiddos had a great time playing in the backyard. The weather was perfect and these kiddos have so much energy that they love to spend.
My cousin, Koby had a little girl just a month ago. We had to get a picture of his little girl and Syd together. Although, they didn't have the same dress on it was pretty close. They are almost the same size even though Syd is two months older than she is. They were sweethearts.
Syd also got to meet Grandpa Miles. ** A little side not on Grandpa. ** I spent part of the night after the family party talking to him. He is suffering from a condition similar to Alzheimers but is on medication hoping that it will get better or at least stop it from getting worse. As I sat down to talk to him, I'm not sure that he knew who I was anymore or at least at this stage in my life. He saw that I was wearing a ring on my finger and asked, If I was engaged or married. When I told him that I was married, he continued to ask me questions like, Where were you married? It's so sad to me. He was the one to marry me in the Mesa Temple not that long ago. He kept asking me questions about what was going on in my life and I kept trying to explain that I was married. Tim was my husband and a little bit about who he was and what he was doing, where we lived, and that we had two little girls. He had just met them that afternoon but couldn't remember that he had been to the family party. I miss my grandpa already and I'm grateful for the chance that I have to spend anytime with him. I miss the little inside jokes that we have and that he can no longer remember too. He is such a sweet man and a great example to me. (Anyways... enough of my ranting here... and on to more information about the reason for our trip.)
Sora Ashley Jones
My little sister is going on a mission. She is going to be such a good missionary to the people of Romania. We had a great time listening to her give her talk. One of my favorite comparisons that she made was about the Brother of Jared and the stones that the Lord touched to give them light as they crossed the ocean in their barges. She comapred herself to the stones saying that she was just one little stone in the world but with the Lord's help that she could be a light unto the nations. She is more prepared than she thinks and will be a great example to the people of Romania. I'm going to miss her in these next 18 months and enjoyed spending a great weekend (with hardly any sleep) staying up late talking about life and how exciting her next 18 months will be. She has such a strong testimony of the gospel and is going to make a great missionary.
** Another little side note **
One of my dear old friends, Naomi, (not that they're that old or anything) was there to listen to Ashley's talk as well. It was great to see her (I think that the last time I saw here was at Courtney's wedding almost three years ago) and her family. Naomi, Ashley, and I had a great time during Relief Society, as my mom would say, being the entertainment committee. I think she secretely enjoyed the fact that she had to scold us for 1. Ashley throwing goldfish to Claire a few people down, 2. whispering secrets to each other, and 3. for having a little snack during church. What can we say... Church was early and we were hungry.


1 Comments:
I'm sorry about your grandpa. That's hard. My grandpa had it too. He got really good at faking he knew what was going on after a while. :) The good thing is that I have wonderful memories of him.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home