1.20.2011

El Presidente??

"So, let me start off by saying that it has been almost nine years since I left on my mission, not to mention that Argentina is some few thousand miles away.

Now, the other night I had some stake meeting for all the ward mission leaders. The meeting was held around one of those big tables of the high council room at the stake center. I walked in, sat down in an empty chair and started introducing myself to everyone. Then finally, I looked to the person next to me on my left. I could not believe who it was... one of the most influential people in my entire life. He looked just as composed and dignified as the day we met. I said it like a question but there was no doubt it was him... "PRESIDENTE?!?!". It was my mission president! (Jerry Villareal). I gave him a hug and the whole meeting waited a few minutes while we caught up. I didn't realize it before, but he lives in the next town over. And, he is serving as counselor of the mission presidency so I will probably see him somewhat regularly.

It was really remarkable. I just keep thinking what are the odds that I sit right next to the same man that inspired me so far and so long ago."  -- Tim

3 Comments:

Blogger Justin and Carissa said...

That's so awesome; what a neat coincidence!

January 20, 2011 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger Ashley Jones said...

I love it! That's so exciting! Good luck with that calling Tim, you'll do great at it ;) I hear it's really really easy in your ward.... hehehe :) no pressure!

January 21, 2011 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a small, small (Mormon) world. I bet he was just as excited to see you as you were to see him. :)

January 21, 2011 at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home